ATHENS March 2017
Information for ATHENS incoming students to Prague (March 2017)
Arrival date: Friday, March 10, 2017
Departure date: Saturday morning, March 18
Accommodation: booked from Friday, March 10, till Saturday, March 18, 8 nights.
A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5,6,8 bed rooms, price: 365 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night
breakfast is not included ! It is possible to order breakfast for 80 CZK (3 EUR) a day.
(map, how to get, etc.)
The hostel informs their guests should bring their own towels - there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay in czech crowns for accommodation because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday, March 11, Orientation meeting: at 11 am, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Technická 2, Prague 6, 1st floor, room T2:C3-132.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 33 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns !
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 27 CZK (2.12.2016)
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, March 11, at 1:20 pm - Prague guided walk, meeting point will be specified later.
- On Sunday, March 12, at 1:15 pm, meeting point in front of the hostel - Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place - organized by CTU students.
- On Monday March 13 - Country presentations.
- On Wednesday, March 15- an excursion to the National Technical Museum (Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- On Friday, March 17- Farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 - see a map Studentský dům - map
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague - fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague - city
- Map of Prague
Courses start on Monday 13.3.2017
More information about individual courses: