- eClub Summer Camp (ESC) offers scholarship
- The ESC focuses on three subjects: Big Data, Mobile and Startup. The Big Data category includes projects from the following areas: Big Data, Cloud computing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc. In the Mobile category we want to welcome students or teams focusing on mobile devices, especially on the new wave of wearables. We will also add advanced Internet applications to this category. We are looking forward to working with teams of students in the Startups category on entrepreneurial projects. We will propose a list of interesting projects for the Big Data category if you do not have your own. We expect students in the Mobile and Startup categories to join ESC with their own ideas.
Location: The Blox, Evropská 11, Prague 6, Dejvice
What are the requirements? ESC will operate during the July till middle of September period. You have to make commitment to work minimum of 6 consecutive weeks in the ESC labs in the Dejvice campus on the agreed project. You will be requested to start with a short, not more than one page long essay explaining your chosen project in general words. To report the progress we would like you to set a web presentation. Before you start programing you should prepare the state of the art review to learn the best known technology to start with. You will conclude the stay in the ESC with a summarizing report of your work. Do not worry, we will tell you how to produce these documents, it is easy. You may join a competition for the best app and startup.
eClub will provide experienced mentors in all categories to help in fast and productive start and get over the initial problems. We will organize interesting presentations about smart and mobile apps. We will also prepare entrepreneurship introductory talks with top experts. Upon signing a contract, we will provide a scholarship of eight thousands CZK per month. We will organize an introductory and very practical course (duration of 2 hours) for our Big Data cluster. It will support the Big Data processing including Hadoop. We will give you access to large data sets in the order of TB for the Big Data category. We will provide a large selection of interesting problems for the Big Data category including machine learning, text retrieval, document classification, recommender systems, meta search etc. We will provide tools and devices for the mobile category. We will introduce startups to VCs.
01.06.2015 - 30.09.2015
- Michael Goesele: Image-base Geometry and Texture Reconstruction from Real-world Data
- Driven by several key advances such as novel image descriptors and efficient reconstruction techniques, 3D vision made significant progress in the last decade. Modern techniques are able to reconstruct detailed scene models from very general image data. In this talk, I will first give an overview of the robust 3D reconstruction pipeline developed in my lab. Since real-world input images typically depict objects at various scales, geometry reconstructed using multi-view stereo techniques is inherently multi-scale. I.e., individual depth samples represent a specific, finite surface area. I will therefore next discuss how to incorporate this property into surface merging techniques and describe our scale-aware floating scale surface reconstruction technique (FSSR) in detail. Photorealistic rendering of reconstructed geometry requires also high resolution information about the surface color and texture. Unfortunately, existing work is often restricted to small and/or laboratory-type datasets. I will therefore finally describe our recently proposed texturing method that allows us to texture real-world models with millions of triangles using hundrets of photographs.
- The Wonderful World of Nonlinearity: Modeling and Characterization of RF and Microwave Circuits
- We would like to invite you on the guest lecture "The Wonderful World of
Nonlinearity: Modeling and Characterization of RF and Microwave
Circuits" presented by José Carlos Pedra, which will take place in the
room 52 on 2nd June at 2:30 pm. More information can be found in the
attached invitation letter.
- PIERS - Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium 2015 in Prague
- Electromagnetic (EM) Academy (http://emacademy.org/) in collaboration with the Department of Electromagnetic field of the FEE - CTU will organize international conference dedicated to the presentation of new advances in research of EM field, both in terms of the theory of EM field, as well as for applications of EM field in communications, medicine, transportation, industry, scientific research, and so on.
Motto of the conference is: "We are speaking the same language, Maxwell's Equations".
06.07.2015 - 09.07.2015
- MISTA 2015 Conference
- This conference series serves as a forum for an international community of researchers, practitioners and vendors on all aspects of multi-disciplinary scheduling. The aim is to bring together scheduling researchers and practitioners from all the disciplines that engage with scheduling research.
25.08.2015 - 28.08.2015
- HoloMAS 2015
02.09.2015 - 04.09.2015