- FIWARE COMMUNITY EVENTof the InovaJET incubator of the CTU at the STARTUP FESTIVAL
- InovaJET - the CTU’s incubator organizes together with its partners the FIWARE Community event in Prague on 11th May 2016. The event is open especially to students, startups, developers, investors, SMEs, policy makers, and more – all who are involved in the future internet technologies, from cloud to internet of things, across all accelerators and all application domains.
Get the opportunity to discover what FIWARE can offer to you and join the community!
The FIWARE Community www.fiware.org is an independent open community whose members are committed to materialize the FIWARE mission, that is: “to build an open sustainable ecosystem around public, royalty-free and implementation-driven software platform standards that will ease the development of new Smart Applications in multiple sectors.
During the day you will have the opportunity to meet FIWARE experts, to understand how the platforms can support your developments and business, and participate in several workshops for accelerating your business success.
14:00 Introduction to FIWARE
Mr. Angelo Giuliana
Business Development I3H and FI-CORE
14. 15 the FIWARE General Overview and GE enablers
Mr. Stefano de Panfilis
The Engineering R&D Manager, one of the founders of Fiware platform and Member of the Fiware Foundation
15.30 Introduction to FIWARE Labs: a non-commercial sandbox environment where innovation and experimentation based on FIWARE technologies.
Mr. Rudolf Vohnout
Future Internet PPP – Experimental Infrastructures for Future Internet Project Leader
17.00 Networking Event
- Professional and Career Development in the Field of Cyber Security
- A part of regular cycle of lectures on the topic of cyber security from practice on Monday in the evening for students and teachers
/every 14 days till 30th May 2016/
- Poster 2016 – 20th International Student Scientific Conference
- Student scientific conference Poster 2016 provides a forum for presentation of scientific work of both doctorate and master students in programmes related to electrical engineering and informatics. Its 20th edition is held on May 24, 2016. Other information available on www.cvut.cz/poster.
- PIS - prof. Pěchouček - Understanding future technologies through agent-based simulation
- LECTURE ANNOTATION:
Current world is driven by data and superb analytical capability provided by state-of-the-art machine learning research. We assume that there exist classes of important prediction problems related to interaction among autonomous rational entities, for which statistical data analysis is not sufficient enough (such as understanding of future operation of drones in urban environment or massive deployment of autonomous vehicles in existing car traffic).
We propose to complement modern data analysis with state-of-the-art procedural and decentralised computational modelling methods referred as agent-based simulation. We argue that agent-based simulation can help us to understand and solve the problems of a near future for which there are no empirical data yet available. During the research and technology talk we will discuss concepts, results as much as deployment visions and open problems and challenges of agent-based simulation.
Prof. Dr. Ing. Michal Pěchouček, M.Sc. is a computer science professor with an experience of startup entrepreneur, R&D executive and AI strategist. He is currently the head of Computer Science department at CVUT, FEL, he is the founder and the director of Artificial Intelligence Center (formerly Agent Technology Center) and together with prof. Matas, he is the cofounder of Open Informatics study programme. His research interests lie in the field of agent based computing, multiagent simulation, formal models of social knowledge, multiagent planning and adversarial reasoning. He had been a PI on more than 20 contracts funded by US Department of Defence agencies, NASA, FAA and leading industrial companies. Michal Pěchouček cofounded several startup companies, one of which has been acquired by CISCO Systems in 2013. From 2013 until 2015 he was an executive director of CISCO R&D Center in Prague. In 2016 he has been named as one of 100 New Europe Challengers.
ABOUT THE PRAGUE COMPUTER SCIENCE SEMINAR
The seminar will take place on the 4th Thursday of each month at 4:00pm (except June, July, August and December) alternately in the buildings of Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Karlovo nám. 13, Praha 2 and Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Malostranské nám. 25, Praha 1.
Its program will consist of a one-hour lecture followed by a discussion. The lecture should be based on an (internationally) exceptional or remarkable achievement of the lecturer, presented in a way which is comprehensible and interesting to a broad computer science community. The lectures will be in English.
The seminar framework was laid out by the preparatory committee consisting of Michal Chytil (Czech Academy of Sciences, Computer Science Institute), Pavel Kordík (Czech Tech. Univ., Faculty of Information Technologies), Jan Kybic (Czech Tech. Univ., Faculty of Electrical Engineering), Michal Pěchouček Czech Tech. Univ., Faculty of Electrical Engineering), Jiří Sgall (Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics), Vojtěch Svátek (University of Economics, Faculty of Informatics and Statistics), Michal Šorel (Czech Academy of Sciences,Institute of Information Theory and Automation), and Filip Železný (Czech Tech. Univ., Faculty of Electrical Engineering)
The idea to organize this seminar emerged in discussions of the representatives of several research institutes on how to avoid the undesired fragmentation of the Czech computer science community.
- Detection and Prevention of Attacks on your Network
- The lecture on the topic of cyber security from practice for students and teachers
- 27th Symposium on Plasma Physics and Technology (SPPT)
- The Symposium on Plasma Physics and Technology (SPPT) has a long tradition and is usually held biennially. This will be the 27th Symposium.
It was originally founded for the presentation of results of the Institute of Plasma Physics of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences (IPP CAS) in 1967. Since 1969 it has gradually become a Czechoslovak forum in this branch and many famous foreign scientists have made presentations.
Since 1993 it has been held in co-operation with the Department of Physics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Czech Technical University (FEE CTU) in Prague.
The symposium is of the European importance. There will be about 150-200 participants.
20.06.2016 - 23.06.2016
- International Conference on Intelligent Green Building and Smart Grid (IGBSG 2016)
- The main objective of IGBSG 2016 is to bring together members of the relevant research community from both academia and industry, to discuss recent advances in the broad and fast-evolving fields of intelligent power distribution, control and design of intelligent buildings, sensor technology, smart grid and related communication network support and applications, networking for the building and home, economic aspects of intelligent energy systems and other related topics, and to highlight key issues, identify trends and develop visions for the domain. Prominent research, business and technology leaders from academia and industry will be invited as keynote speakers and the program will be coupled by on-site technology demos.
The technical sessions will be organized in multiple parallel tracks, comprising, among others: Building control and automation; Communication networks and applications; Green communication networks; Economic aspects of energy systems development; Sensor technology for intelligent buildings; etc.
27.06.2016 - 29.06.2016
- International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of electrical engineering will be hosting the sixth year of the International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web (KESW 2016). The conference is organized by Department of Cybernetics, Knowledge-based and Software Systems group, as well as the ITMO University (Russia).
The conference welcomes original contributions in the fields of Ontologies, Knowledge representation, Semantic Web, and Linked Data, see http://kesw.cz, for more information.
Abstract submission deadline is April 15th, 2016 and full paper submission deadline is April 22nd, 2016.
21.09.2016 - 23.09.2016
- 6th International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS 2016)
- On September 26th-29th 2016, CTU FEE will be hosting the Sixth International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS 2016). This event is being organized by Institute of Creative Advanced Technologies, Science and Engineering (iCatse) in cooperation with Software Engineering and Networking group of Department of Computer Science.
ICITCS 2016 seeks contributions presenting novel research results in all aspects of IT Convergence and Security. Focus of the conference is covering areas of Computer Vision and Applications, Future Network Technology, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Web Technology, Software Engineering and related.
As a part of this conference, we organize a special track Innovative Methods in Software Testing, dedicated to research in software testing, verification and quality assurance.
Paper submission deadline is April 30th 2016.
26.09.2016 - 29.09.2016